16.6 for Revit 2016
17.3 for Revit 2017
Readme details for the latest release:
- Minor improvements to the Importer class to make it easier for developers to create a custom Importer.
- We now support the IFC4 Addendum 2 schema. Specific improvements based on that will be listed below. For this update, you will have to manually add the IFC4_Add2.exp file (included with this package), to the EDM subfolder of your Revit Program folder. We will automate this in a future update.
New Export Functionality:
- Allow overriding material names on export by using IfcName shared parameter.
- Expand the use of types for many elements that didn't export types before, including beams (IfcBeamType), curtain walls (IfcCurtainWallType, and types for mullions and panels), and footings (IfcFootingType).
- Improved ability to export some geometry as IfcSweptSolid.
- Try to use axis information, if it exists, when exporting beams and members in addition to columns.
- (IFC4) Better support beam, column, and member base quantities, including weight.
- (IFC4) Collect material information for profiles for beams and columns.
- (IFC4) Expand use of FootPrint representations to columns and slabs.
- (IFC4) Expand use of IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage if the entity has a compound structure in Revit, as allowed by IFC.
- (IFC4) No longer create StandardCase IFC entities, as these have been deprecated (including IfcWallStandardCase).
- (IFC4) Support IfcMaterialConstituent and IfcMaterialProfileSet for a number of elements.
- (IFC4) Use Built-in parameter "Structural_Bend_Dir_Angle" to get "Roll" property for PSet_BeamCommon and PSet_ColumnCommon.
- (IFCAdd2) Support IfcPolygonalFaceSet.
Export Bug Fixes:
- Allow exporting to IFC while using Collaboration for Revit where the default directory isn't local.
- Better support for MEP type entities, that didn't always export correctly.
- Correct the parameters of the directrix of some IfcSweptSolids.
- Fix correct mapping of IfcBurnerType/IfcGasTerminalType and IfcElectricHeaterType/IfcSpaceHeaterType.
- Fix creation of types for sub-entities of IfcDistributionControlElement.
- Fix offset problem when using the "Export Linked Files as Separate IFCs" option in locales where the decimal mark is not a point.
- (IFC4) Correct names of IFC4 entity quantity sets.
- (IFC4) Fix the name of IfcCommunicationsApplianceType.
New Import Functionality:
- Add support for IfcDerivedProfileDef.
- Support IfcRelClassification.
- (IFC4) Support IfcMaterialProfile, IfcMaterialProfileSet, and IfcMaterialProfileSetUsage.
- (IFC4) Support IfcMaterialConstituent and IfcMaterialConstituentSet.
- (IFC4) Support IfcTessellatedFaceSet and IfcPolygonalFaceSet.
- (IFC4) Improve mapping from Roll parameter to structural bend direction angle.
- (API only) Allow for two new options, CreateDuplicateZoneGeometry and CreateDuplicateContainerGeometry, that disable the duplication of geometry for zone elements and containers, respectively.
Import Bug Fixes:
- Better reporting when importing an IFC file with invalid rectangular or circular profiles (e.g., a 0 radius profile).
- Don't show the void geometry when subtracting a void from an empty solid as a result of an IfcBooleanResult calculation.
- Ensure that IFC2x schema files can still be imported.
- Fix import of some IfcSurfaceCurveSweptAreaSolids.